In the same way as one of Harju Elekter’s basic values is not to compromise on quality in everything we do, neither do we intend to compromise on sustainability. Our motto, “Electrifying Tomorrow” means that all our people follow processes to ensure a sustainable tomorrow. Our vision of future-proof sustainable installations is a powerful theme that runs throughout our operations, and an important part of our corporate social responsibility.
By handling design, construction and commissioning we create good possibilities to work long term with sustainability throughout the entire project.
We have established a sustainability plan. Linked to this are a long-term business plan, an annual business plan and a long-term environmental plan. In addition, we have our CSR policy, work environment policy (including work environment routines), rehabilitation and work adaption policy, alcohol and drug policy and equality plan.
Our definition of sustainable development is development which meets today’s needs without jeopardising the potential of coming generations to meet their needs. It’s a case of recognising the effect our company has on the external environment and accepting responsibility for it. Sustainability includes financial, environmental and social responsibility.
In other words, sustainable development is the obvious path for us. We work actively to reduce the impact of our operations on the environment and our surroundings. Our operations are managed responsibly according to ISO 9001:2015 standards, mentioned under “Quality”, and ISO 14001:2015 to ensure a systematic approach to quality and the environment in our company. This offers security for our customers and our business partners.
We work actively to minimise the environmental impact of our operations. This means that all our processes within the electrical energy sector, from sales to delivery of our products and services, are included in our sustainability programme. Some examples:
- We continually strive to reduce our environmental impact, with focus on our significant environmental aspects which are CO₂ emissions due to electricity consumption and recovery rate of waste.
- We comply with environmental legislation and regulations and take into account the views and demands of our customers and other stakeholders.
- We sell efficient products with good environmental properties and minimize material consumption by only selling what the customer really needs.
- We prioritize suppliers operating a systematic environmental system.
- We maintain a current environmental management system that strives for efficiency and continuous improvement from an environmental as well as a business perspective.
- We conserve resources and recycle waste as much as possible.
- We maintain extensive inventories in order to keep material transports to a minimum.
- We provide information about our business and environmental policy transparently and objectively on our website and to people working for or on behalf of SEBAB.
View our ISO 14001:2015 certificate for Harju Elekter AB here.